Audacity is the best free editor to edit with your music. Sound editing is very simple with this comprehensive and well-organized program. You can download MP3s, WAV, FLAC, and Ogg files to edit and Audacity offer the ability to record directly onto audio from microphone, sound card, CD, cassette or LP. With Audacity, you can as easily cut and paste into sound files and create your own mix.
With Audacity you can:
- Recording (microphone, line in, aux, TV tuner, CD player, etc.)
- Recording (microphone, line in, aux, TV tuner, CD player, etc.)Cut, paste and mix
- Cut, paste and mixEdit multitrack
- Edit multitrackApply sound effects (wah-wah, echo, fade, backwards etc.)
- Apply sound effects (wah-wah, echo, fade, backwards etc.)Convert Wav, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC and mp3 (Lame plugin required)
- Convert Wav, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC and mp3 (Lame plugin required)Adjust volume, speed, and pitch
- Adjust volume, speed, and pitchAudacity is a mature sound processor that is worth to try.
- Audacity is a mature sound processor that is worth to try.
License: Open source
Language: Dutch and English
Download the latest Lame plugin(needed to save as MP3 in Audacity)
Additional downloads Audacity
To save as mp3 the Lame encoder plug-in is required! Download and unzip the Lame plugin at a fixed location and locate the file ‘lame_enc.dll’ as Audacity asks for it – this you only need need to do once, after that you can save all your files in Audacity as a mp3.