With Viber, make free (video) calls and text for free with anyone who also has the app installed on his or her mobile phone.
What can you do with Viber?
Viber works in the same way as Skype. Make VoIP (video) calls for free with other Viber users over 3G or WiFi. It also supports free text messages. As with WhatsApp Messenger, you exchange short messages with friends who also have the app.
The interface has a lot of opportunities to brighten up your chat. You can send your photos and videos, share your location, add emoticons and you can choose from a bunch of stickers to use in the conversation.
You can customize the background of a message display until you get it to your own taste with a photo from your library. The person you are talking to won’t see your background.
Use Viber also on your desktop (Windows or Mac) and synchronize it with your smartphone. Your messages and history are fully synchronized and you can continue live calls from your phone to your desktop. You use Viber simultaneously on your tablet or phone.
Viber also has a ‘Hold & Talk’, which lets you send voice messages in real time. This feature was made popular by apps like Voxer and Zello and is also added to WhatsApp. It’s fun to play with and gives a new dimension to your chats.
How to use Viber
Unlike Skype, you do not need to register in order to use the Viber app. You enter your phone number and then receive an SMS with a code. Which you enter back into Viber and that’s it. All your contacts are automatically imported. Viber logo appears next to your contacts who also use the app. Then click on their name to call them free, wherever you are. It does not matter what phone they use; contacts without Viber you can also call from the app, this is however not free.
The Viber interface is very clear and it’s easy to use the app. The call quality is generally very good, even better than Skype. Of course, it is never as good as a ‘real’ mobile call.
Viber is the perfect chat app for your mobile. It looks great, lets you chat easily and for free with your friends and is very fun to use.
- Very easy to use
- Lets you know which of your contacts use Viber
- Good call quality
- Stickers and emoticons
- Group messages with up to 100 people
- Hold and talk function
- You may have to convince friends to switch to Viber
The client software is currently available for Android, BlackBerry OS, iOS, Symbian, Bada, Windows Phone, Windows, Mac, Linux, and Windows 8. Viber can be used on Wi-Fi, 3G, and 4G networks.
With Viber Out, you can call people that do not have Viber. To use Viber Out, you have to buy credit in the app and the calling rates differs depending on the country.
Viber is a free app, which means you don’t have to pay anything to download it. We recommend downloading the Viber app from your smartphone’s App Store.
- Download Viber for iPhone (iOS)
- Download Viber for Android
- Download Viber for Blackberry
- Download Viber for Nokia
- Download Viber for Windows (Desktop)
- Download Viber for Windows 8
- Download Viber for Windows Phone
- Download Viber for Bada
Viber iPhone and iPad
To download and install Viber on your iPhone, read the iPhone tutorial.
Do you like this website? Or do you have any requests? If yes, please let us know by leaving a comment below.
Would you like to download Viber for iPhone? Viber iPhone version is free and easy to download for everyone who has iOS 6 or higher and an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
Download Viber iPhone
To download Viber for iPhone, iPad or iPad Toch, follow these instructions:
- Open the App Store on your iPhone, iPad or iPad Touch
- Search for “Viber”
- Click on the first result
- Next click on the Free button
- You can be asked for your Apple ID password next, if so, enter this to continue
- Now wait for the app to be installed
- Congratulations! You now have Viber installed on your iOS device.
Good news Android users! Viber Android version is available from the Play Store for free. Viber for Android is available for everyone with Android 2.2 or higher.
To download and install Viber for Android, follow these instructions:
- Open the Play Store on your Android phone or tablet
- Next search for “Viber” and click on the first result (the one with the purple icon)
- Now click the green Install button to start the download
- Wait for the download to finish
- Congratulations! You now have Viber on your Android phone or tablet.